Welcome to the Wooden Boat Association of Queensland!
We are an association of enthusiasts with a shared passion for wooden boats. Within that general definition our members represent a broad range of boats and special interests encompassing -
- Boats ranging from 100 years old to those barely begun.
- Boats powered by sail, steam, diesel, oars or paddles.
- Ultra-light canoes and kayaks thru putt-putts, trailer sailers, thru to large boats on permanent moorings.
- Both new constructions and restorations.
- Construction techniques including Stitch & Glue, Strip Plank, Lap-strake Ply, Traditional Clinker.
Our members variously enjoy designing, building, sailing, messing about in and talking about wooden boats. We welcome all current and potential wooden boat enthusiasts to our association. Our subscription is inexpensive, our activities are varied and interesting, and our culture is open, friendly and inclusive.
Random WBAQ images. Refresh browser for a new selection. Click image for larger view and slide show.
The main aims of the WBAQ are:
- To foster and promote an active interest in all matters relating to the history, development and future, and the building, restoration and preservation of wooden boats in Queensland;
- To encourage and promote contact with interstate and overseas organizations with similar interests;
The following are details for the next WBAQ Messabout taken from the events calendar.
The next planned messabout is:
Deep Water Bend, Pine River
Saturday, March 07, 2015
Refer February Log - Paddle, row or
motor on the Pine River between
Dohles Rocks and Deep Water Bend,
including exploring the Tinchi Tamba
wetlands at high tide. The river
would be suitable for sailing but the
wetlands are only suitable for
paddlers and rowers.
Bribie to Caloundra o/n and return
Saturday, March 21, 2015 - Sunday, March 22, 2015
(Trail´s Trail) Depart Spinnaker Sound Marina, Bribie Island
am Saturday, ride the tide to Power Boat Club at
Caloundra, overnight on board or in self-booked
accommodation, return to Spinnaker Sound Marina
|Click here to view our full calendar...|
Check this space for last minute updates on the event status due to weather or other circumstances on the day.
Please contact the nominated host (see Calendar) if you are planning to attend the next messabout.
No current updates...