Welcome to the Wooden Boat Association of Queensland!
We are an association of enthusiasts with a shared passion for wooden boats. Within that general definition our members represent a broad range of boats and special interests encompassing -
- Boats ranging from 100 years old to those barely begun.
- Boats powered by sail, steam, diesel, oars or paddles.
- Ultra-light canoes and kayaks thru putt-putts, trailer sailers, thru to large boats on permanent moorings.
- Both new constructions and restorations.
- Construction techniques including Stitch & Glue, Strip Plank, Lap-strake Ply, Traditional Clinker.
Our members variously enjoy designing, building, sailing, messing about in and talking about wooden boats. We welcome all current and potential wooden boat enthusiasts to our association. Our subscription is inexpensive, our activities are varied and interesting, and our culture is open, friendly and inclusive.
Random WBAQ images. Refresh browser for a new selection. Click image for larger view and slide show.
The main aims of the WBAQ are:
- To foster and promote an active interest in all matters relating to the history, development and future, and the building, restoration and preservation of wooden boats in Queensland;
- To encourage and promote contact with interstate and overseas organizations with similar interests;
The following are details for the next WBAQ Messabout taken from the events calendar.
The next planned messabout is:
Bill Rowland´s Boat Collection Tour
Saturday, July 26, 2014
Suggested arrival time at Bill´s is 09:30 for a 10:00 start.
Bill has one of the largest personal boat collections.
He also has a collection of old Jaguar cars.
Join Bill for a tour of his sheds followed by a sausage-sizzle lunch
(provided) but BYO drinks.
9 Greenacres Court Glenview
Take the Caloundra turnoff from the Hwy – go west (left) along Steve
Irwin Way, Turn right at the BP Garage into Marcoola Connection Road, 3rd St
on right (the next one past Stevens Rd).
Messabout Planning Meeting
Saturday, August 02, 2014 10am
This meeting is to suggest messabouts, one day, week-
end, or week long cruises, or camps for the remainder
of this year until the end of March 2015. You can also
offer to host them ? Suggestions by e-mail welcome if
you cannot attend on the on the 2nd.
Great Sandy Straits
Monday, August 04, 2014 - Friday, August 08, 2014
The intention is to head north and
hopefully overnight at Gary’s
night should see us further north
near the Fraser Island Ranger
days we will head south & back to
Carlos Point on Friday.
Of course, all plans are subject to
the weather conditions on the day
usual it is the
skipper’s responsibility to determine
the seaworthiness of his boat &
Points to consider:
• No camping ashore on...
Point Talburpin Sailors´ Get-together MkV
Saturday, August 16, 2014
A friendly sailing regatta and social
|Click here to view our full calendar...|
Check this space for last minute updates on the event status due to weather or other circumstances on the day.
Please contact the nominated host (see Calendar) if you are planning to attend the next messabout.
No current updates...