We are an association of enthusiasts with a shared passion for wooden boats. Within that general definition our members represent a broad range of boats and special interests encompassing -
- Boats ranging from 100 years old to those barely begun.
- Boats powered by sail, steam, diesel, oars or paddles.
- Ultra-light canoes and kayaks thru putt-putts, trailer sailers, thru to large boats on permanent moorings.
- Both new constructions and restorations.
- Construction techniques including Stitch & Glue, Strip Plank, Lap-strake Ply, Traditional Clinker.
Our members variously enjoy designing, building, sailing, messing about in and talking about wooden boats. We welcome all current and potential wooden boat enthusiasts to our association. Our subscription is inexpensive, our activities are varied and interesting, and our culture is open, friendly and inclusive.
The main aims of the WBAQ are:
To foster and promote an active interest in all matters relating to the history, development and future, and the building, restoration and preservation of wooden boats in Queensland;
To encourage and promote contact with interstate and overseas organizations with similar interests;
Please scroll to bottom of page for membership information
From our archives
Notes of visit to Ross Lillistone (cont.)
Last month Ed Elcock wrote and sent in for publication a comprehensive account of the boatbuilding day at Esk. When the editor copied the text from his e-mail, the first page of notes was left behind.... Sorry Ed. So here it is, you can read it and revise the others at the same time, happy reading and subsequent dreaming and/or boatbuilding.
Notes of visit to Ross Lillistone cont.
Check your boating weather with SeaBreeze